Where to stay in the UK this winter....
Looking for a cosy bolthole? Somewhere in the UK to spend a couple of nights this winter? Here's some of my favourites....
1. The Rose at Deal (Image above - photo credit: Reader's Digest ) - A beautifully designed small hotel, on the seaside in Deal, Kent. With a great restaurant - the current Autumn menu is the work of Nuno Mendes and sounds DELICIOUS!
2. The Bear Inn at Hodnet - recently refurbished by Octavia Dickinson, this pub with rooms has been popping up all over Instagram. Stylish rooms and a menu that seeks to show off the best local produce.
3. Ballintaggart Farm - located in rural Perthshire, this family-run farm is home to an intimate dining experience and cosy, comforting rooms. Co-owner Rachel has made sure there's all the little details needed for a perfect weekend away.
4. Guardswell Farm (photo credit- Lina Hayes) - I recently stayed in the Kailyard here - one of Guardswell's huts built amongst the woods and designed for simple, Scandi- living. The best type of holiday if you want to retreat back to beautiful basics- cook your dinner on the fire pit outside and sleep overlooking the stunning Fife countryside.
5. Glebe House - owned by Hugo and Olive in east Devon, it's almost impossible to get a booking here after a wealth of glorious reviews since they first opened. The perfect rural retreat- switch of your phone, enjoy their homemade meals and experiences in a BEAUTIFULLY-designed guest house/hotel. I'll fight you for the next availability!