Job Title: Retail Store Assistant - Maternity Leave Position
Location: Howe Street, Edinburgh
Terms: 25-30 hours/week starting mid August, includes weekend work
Salary: Dependent on experience
About Style Your Spaces:
Style Your Spaces is an interior design studio based in central Edinburgh with a boutique retail space that opened in April 2022. Founded by director Katie Brigstock, who set up the business in 2020 after 10 years of working in high-end events, design-led pop ups and product styling.
The small, independent homeware shop on Howe Street in Edinburgh’s New Town specialises in a carefully curated selection of handmade pieces from artists, makers and small brands along with our own in-house designs.
The shop is open Tuesday-Sunday (with some seasonal changes).
We are recruiting for a dedicated and detail-oriented shop assistant to take over the running of a small retail space on Howe street during a maternity leave placement. This will be a very engaged role involving many different aspects of a growing business and will require someone with a passionate interest in interior design and sufficient experience of running the behind-the-scenes of a small business. A friendly and approachable attitude is a must as the role centres around a customer-facing environment.
This role is a fixed term freelance maternity cover placement from August - January.
- Responsible for daily operations of the shop at Howe street including inventory of stock, merchandising and fulfilling ecommerce orders
- Greeting customers and dealing with any enquiries
- Overseeing pricing and stock control
- You will be responsible for researching and buying in new stock alongside the director
- Overseeing budgets and keeping financial records up to date
- Creating visually attractive window displays and attractive store merchandising - there is lots of creative scope here including the yearly Christmas campaign and shop dressing (from mid October)
- Designing/writing marketing materials including Mailchimp newsletters
- Running the main Instagram account for the business and pushing for substantial growth across social channels
- Managing other part time staff members
- Helping to grow our interior design studio and scoping new work/projects
- 1-2 years experience in a similar managerial role
- Highly skilled in using social media channels such as Instagram/TikTok
- Proficient on Mailchimp and Shopify as an ecommerce platform
- Knowledge and experience with the design industry preferable - you must have a keen interest in interior design and be up to date with the latest trends, brands, suppliers etc
- Must be highly organised and able to oversee various different aspects of running a shop
- A friendly, approachable attitude is essential
- Experience using Izettle till systems preferable
- 15% staff discount
- Lovely working environment and sociable working hours
- Option to bring a well-behaved dog to work
- Living Wage Employer
To apply for the role, please send your CV, a short covering letter and if possible any relevant examples of your experience within the interior design industry/social media proficiency to email@example.com
Applications close 3rd July.
Interviews will be held in July 2023 with some training days at the end of July/ start of August.
- To produce beautiful, unique and engaging content for our social media channels each week. This includes short videos/reels and still images. Featuring our products, 'how-to style..' videos, interiors etc for both Instagram and TikTok.
- You will have a lot of creative licence in this role to suggest original ideas and exciting content.
- The primary aim of the role is to increase our visibility as a brand and engagement through our social media channels. You will have targets to meet in terms of growth and engagement on both Instagram and TikTok.
- 1/2 day in the shop or on location somewhere to shoot + a couple of hours editing.
- Potential for additional work.
- Evidence of substantial growth in terms of engagement and following for previous clients
- An excellent understanding of both TikTok and Instagram along with other social media platforms.
- Examples of your work
- A high quality phone camera/ digital camera
- A comprehensive understanding of editing platforms including Photoshop/InDesign.
- A interest in current interior/design trends along with a good understanding of the leading brands/figures in the industry and the top social accounts.