Part-Time Retail Assistant
Hours: 1.5~2 Days/week
Salary: Dependent on Experience, Real Living Wage Employer
About Style Your Spaces:
Style Your Spaces is a creative studio based in Edinburgh, specialising in imaginative interior design, sustainable floristry practices and a carefully curated homeware collection - a culmination of over 10 years of experience in the world of high-end events, design-led pop-ups and product styling.
Founded by Creative Director Katie Brigstock who began her career as a food stylist in London. Having trained at the prestigious Leith's School of Food and Wine, Katie then went on to co-found an events styling business in London called We Are Cook & Baker. After a successful run of producing events for both private and commercial clients, Katie moved to Edinburgh to
set up Style Your Spaces in 2020.
Spring 2021 saw the launch of our first homeware collection, including ruffled gingham table linens, hand-blown glassware from Egypt and a selection of pieces from some of our favourite independent businesses and makers. Beautiful stand out pieces for your home and a go-to for gifts.
Our first permanent shop opened in April 2022 at 6A Howe Street in Edinburgh.
- To independently manage the Style Your Spaces store during opening hours, including regular weekend work.
- Greeting customers and assisting with in-store queries as well as answering the phone.
- Maintaining stock levels and creating striking displays. Visual merchandising of new collections.
- Fulfilling online orders through the Shopify platform.
- Maintaining a tidy show room and office.
- Some basic flower arranging - including preparing and creating bunches for our weekend floral offering.
- Advising customers on our interior design services and upcoming events.
- Keeping up to date with new interior trends, local community news etc
- Helping to source new stock as well as aiding the founder in designing our Style Your Spaces unique collections.
- Assisting the founder with our social media accounts including Instagram, TikTok and Facebook.
- Helping to launch a carefully curated and thoughtful monthly newsletter to include interviews, styling tips and new product launches.
- Helping to grow the Style Your Spaces online offering through advertising channels.
- Lovely working environment in central Edinburgh and nice hours.
- Opportunity to work in a small, creative business and form part of an exciting period of growth.
- Wellbeing Allowance - £40 allowance every 4 months towards an activity of emotional/wellbeing support such as yoga/fitness classes, meditation, gym memberships, lectures/talks.
- 28 days holiday pro-rata.
- A passion for interior design and unique, luxury homewares.
- Includes weekend work and potential bank holidays.
- Provision of exceptional customer service.
- Previous luxury retail experience required.
- Be willing to represent the brand and provide a friendly, welcoming experience in store.
- Experience in dealing with varied suppliers and manufacturers both in the UK and abroad
- ESSENTIAL - Proficient experience in social media platforms including the use of Reels, Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook for Business, Planoly.
- Skilled in creating beautiful content for Instagram/web.
- Experience of Mailchimp email marketing platform
- Good organisational skills
- Qualified in using Shopify and Izettle payment platforms - preferred.
- Clean driving licence - you may be required to drive a company car/van on occasion.
- Flexibility with hours- there may be more hours available during busy periods.
You may be occasionally sharing the shop with our friendly 1 year old pooch, Bear if the founder is in.
If you'd like to apply for this role, please email your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include a simple moodboard of things you like - interior inspo, accounts you follow, designs/products you love.
Applications close Wednesday 25th May.
Role to start in June 2022 post interviews.